Funding strategy, programmes and statistics
Forecast dated 6 October 2023.
Kommuninvest’s mission is to provide members with cost-efficient and stable funding. To be able to offer our customers attractive financing terms, stringent requirements are imposed on how we conduct our funding activities:
- Clear funding strategy with a focus on benchmark borrowing.
- Conservative liquidity reserve consisting of high-quality liquid assets.
- Good match between assets and liabilities.
- Clear ambition to increase communication with the market through transparency and predictability in our funding.
In our long-term funding, we have a focus on benchmark funding in SEK and USD, including green funding. In 2019, we decided that EUR was to be included as a strategic market.
The short funding is primarily used to finance the liquidity reserve and collateral flows.
Factors that govern our funding activities:
- Demand from our members
- Maturing profile of asset and liabilities
- Funding terms in our strategic markets
Funding History 2017-2021
Long Term Funding – Yearly Distribution by Currencies