We have more than 25 years of experience in local and regional financing
As the only Swedish credit institution with only local government entities as our customers, we have accumulated a unique knowledge of the financing of municipalities, county councils/regions and their companies. Our members have different prerequisites when it comes to managing their debt portfolios and planning for the future. Consequently, knowledge transfer and sharing of knowledge are a central part of our business. Our account managers can answer questions and provide recommendations, but they can also help review a member’s debt management.
Education, research and collaboration on debt management issues
Over the years, the local government sector’s collaboration through Kommuninvest has evolved into something that is much more than a credit institution. Today, we are a knowledge hub in the local government sector and an important interface between the state, municipalities, counties/regions, academia and the financial sector.
This manifests itself in Kommuninvest:
- Representing municipalities and county councils/regions as the organisation to which they refer on issues of financing and debt management.
- Financing and coordinating research on local government finance.
- Providing advice to members on issues of financing.
- Organising courses and seminars on financial matters for officials and politicians.
- Promoting collaboration within the local government sector.